Every Central York Student is provided a device. Students in grades K-8 receive their own iPad, and students in grades 9-12 receive a Macbook. The District's Technology Team provides imperative and helpful device care tips for student devices.
Families can purchase device protection annually and at any time during the school year. This plan covers accidental damage to your child's school device. The cost per year is $25 for iPads, and $60 for MacBooks.
Central York School District Students must adhere to our Acceptable Use Policy and utilize good Digital Citizenship while using their District issued devices. Digital citizenship is the ability to navigate our digital environments in a way that's safe and responsible and to actively and respectfully engage in these spaces.
Students at all times should:
- Communicate with others in a respectful and responsible manner
- Use school appropriate apps and websites
- Keep passwords private
- Give credit to online resources
- Find a safe "home" for your device and charger while at home
- Charge your device each evening
- Balance your device usage at home
- Safely store the device in a school bag when transporting to and from school
- Store the device in a safe environment
- Keep the protective case on the device
- Handle the device with care and caution
- Organize charging cords, cables, and headphones