School Gate Guardian
Central York School District uses a visitor management software program at each of its schools. School Gate Guardian requires all visitors to present a valid driver's license or other state-issued identification upon arrival at the door. The ID will be scanned and checked against the sexual offender database. A protocol is in place for those who might not have a state-issued ID.
Visitors who have the all-clear will receive a printed ID badge that includes their photo and name. The badge is self-expiring, meaning within 12 hours of receipt a red stop sign will bleed through to the front of the badge so it cannot be reused. The process to scan an ID, run the check and print a badge takes about 30 seconds to complete.
- What is School Gate Guardian?
- What will happen when a visitor enters and leaves the school?
- Why has the District decided to implement this type of system?
- What information is the School Gate Guardian retrieving from my Photo ID
- Will every visitor need to go through the screening process?
- Does the District have the right to require visitors and parents to produce a state-issued ID before entering school facilities?