Safety and Security
Central York School District is committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment for all of our students and staff is our highest priority.
District administrators meet regularly with the local emergency responders to help ensure effective emergency operations planning for the safety of our students and staff. Central York has in place the following precautions to work to provide a safe environment for our students:
- All building doors are locked during the school day. Visitors must enter the buildings after identifying themselves and their purpose to the office personnel. While this may at times seem like an inconvenience, it is essential that we know every person who enters the doors of our buildings.
- All staff members are required to wear identification badges to ensure that they are easily identifiable. Visitors must also sign in at the office and wear a visitor's identification badge/sticker.
- District and building staff are visible in schools and at extracurricular events.
- Students and staff practice safety drills throughout the school year to ensure students and staff are prepared to respond in a crisis.
- The District conducts Risk and Vulnerability Assessments with local police departments to determine areas that need safety improvement in our schools.
- The District utilizes the Safe2Say Hotline for anyone to report anonymous tips. 1-844-723-2729.