Medication Administration Policy
Central York School District has the following Medication Administration Policy in place for the safety of our students.
- All medications should be given at home, if possible.
- With the exception of rescue medication (Epi-Pen, Inhaler) medication MUST be brought to school by a parent or guardian.
- District policy requires a doctor's note or order is REQUIRED for both prescription and over-the-counter medications (including herbal remedies).
- In addition to a physician order, per District policy, written permission from the parent or guardian must be submitted to the school nurse for the administration of all medications (this includes oral, topical, and inhaled forms of medication during school hours.)
- All medications must be brought to school in the ORIGINAL container.
COUGH DROP POLICY
All cough drops sent to school MUST be in the ORIGINAL bag with a note from the parent.
Cough syrups, dissolving strips, lollypops, and Vitamin C drops are NOT to be sent to school with students.
END OF YEAR MEDICATION PROCEDURE
If your student has medication in their school's nurses office, please review the following reminders:
- At the end of the school year, all student mediation must be picked up by a parent or guardian.
- Medication left in the health room after the last day of school will be discarded.
- Medication orders and forms DO NOT carry over into the next school year. They must be updated and resubmitted to the school nurse each year. Forms are available online or from the school nurse.