Welcome to this month’s wellness mini! Since March is National Nutrition month, our wellness mini focus is, of course, on nutrition. The video below will introduce this topic and share some helpful information and best practices for improving your overall nutrition and combating metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance (something 85% of us suffer from and may not even know it.)
Want to learn more or dive deeper into specific aspects of this topic? Then check out some of these resources and tools:
- Eat Smarter: Use the Power of Food to Reboot Your Metabolism, Upgrade Your Brain, and Transform Your Life – Shawn Stevenson
- The Disease Delusion: Conquering the Causes of Chronic illness for a Healthier, Longer, and Happier Life – Dr. Jeffrey S. Bland
- Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth About Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar – Your Brain’s Silent Killer – David Perlmutter, M.D.
- The Plant Power Doctor – Gemma Newman
- Eat to Beat Depression and Anxiety: Nourish Your Way to Better Mental Health in Six Weeks– Drew Ramsey, M.D.
- The Obesity Code – Unlocking the Secrets to Weight Loss – Dr. Jason Fung and Timothy Noakes
- The Blue Zones Kitchen: 100 Recipes to Live to 100 – Dan Buettner
- Eat Fat, Get Thin – Mark Hyman, M.D.
- Food: What the Heck Should I Eat? – Mark Hyman, M.D.
- Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life – Max Lugavere and Paul Grewal
- Lifespan with Dr. David Sinclair
- The Doctor’s Kitchen Podcast with Dr. Rupy Aujla
- The Model Health Show with Shawn Stevenson
- The Dhru Purohit Podcast
- The Doctor’s Farmacy with Dr. Mark Hyman
- The Ultra Wellness Center Blog
- Dave Asprey (Bulletproof) Blog
- The Doctor’s Kitchen (Recipes)
- Levels Health Blog
- Dhru Purohit Blog
- The Benefits of Food Journaling (American Society for Nutrition)
- How to Keep a food Journal: Instructions and Tips (Healthline)