Inclement Weather Notifications
In the event school must be canceled or delayed due to inclement weather, the decision to close or delay will be made by 5:30 a.m. Please refrain from calling campus administrators or the transportation department. Information regarding school closings will be made through the following outlets:
Emergency Notification System: Our mass notification system can call, text, and email the emergency contact numbers we have in our system (up to six for each student and staff member) simultaneously. Your child's emergency contact information must be up to date in your Skyward Family Access Account to receive these alerts.
Television Announcements: Official announcements regarding delays and closings will be made on ABC 27, CBS 21, WGAL 8, and FOX43.
District Website & Social Media: Facebook is one of the first forms of communication for Central York School District. You can follow us for official alerts and notices at https://www.facebook.com/CentralYorkSD and www.cysd.k12.pa.us. The District also utilizes Instagram, X (Twitter), and LinkedIn.
Emergency weather closing decisions will be made no later than 5:30AM.
Two Hour Delay
- A two-hour day may be called if the District feels additional time will allow for the safe transportation of our students to school. If the decision is made for a two-hour delay, bus transportation will arrive two hours after their normally scheduled time, car rider drop will take place two hours after the normal arrival time and the school day will begin two hours after the normally scheduled start time.
- There may be some rare occasions where it will be necessary to dismiss school early. On these days, we will communicate the specific dismissal schedule for each building through the methods outlined below.
Flexible Instruction Day
- All school buildings will be closed, however, students will be provided school work to complete independently through Schoology or printed materials. This will eliminate the need to make up days at the end of the school year.
- Teachers will be available through their usual electronic communication methods during school hours to support students.
- All school buildings will be closed, however, students and staff will complete the school day from home through Schoology and Zoom. This will eliminate the need to make up days at the end of the school year. Remote Learning Days will follow the normally scheduled Cycle Day listed on the District Calendar.
- Additional communication will be sent to students by their school/teachers with directions on accessing their teachers and assignments. Students should log in as directed by their school for attendance purposes.
- All school buildings will be closed and students will make up the inclement weather day at the end of the school year.