Check out our new You Got It page on the left side!
Important dates and events for December:
12/1- No School
12/4- 12/6 - State Thespian Conference
12/11- Holiday Cabaret, 7:30pm @ Cafeteria
12/18- Academy Fair - Altered Bell schedule, No CLC or Flex. Seniors may arrive at 9 am for the start of 1st Block
12/19- MiniThon Assembly - Following double AM bell schedule, No CLC or Flex
12/21- Holiday Choral Concert, 2:30pm
12/24- 1/2/15- No School
The 8th grade Parent/Guardian Orientation & Scheduling Night has been changed to January 8th, 7pm at CYHS.
Holiday Spirit Week sponsored by Student Council:
12/15 - Favorite Sports Team Apparel Day
12/16 - Candy Cane Tuesday (wear red & white)
12/17 - Formal Wednesday
12/18 - Dress as your favorite Holiday Character
12/19 - White Out/Blizzard Day
12/22 - Red & Green Day
12/23 - Ugly Christmas Sweater Day
During the month of October, Mrs. Lisa Turner’s 21st Century Literacy Skills classes learned what it meant to be a good digital citizens. Students learned about acceptable and appropriate uses of different kinds of technology and the information they provide. As part of this process, students worked in collaborative groups to develop a more in-depth understanding of cyberbullying, its impact on others, and ways to stop it. The website link contains group projects, in a variety of media formats, that focus on ways to stop cyberbullying. These projects represent students’ learning on the topics of cyberbullying and digital citizenship.
In response to growing concern about children and families living with hunger throughout the school district, Central York School District is pleased to announce the launch of The Panther Pantry, a district-wide food pantry created to assist families in need throughout the school district.
A group of faculty and staff members from throughout Central York School District created the concept of the pantry, which is designed to help support families in need by offering nutritious food gathered through donations from the Central York community each month. The pantry will be open the third Tuesday of every month from 6 to 7 p.m. from the months of October through May.
Central York families can pull up to the front of the high school building to receive their grocery bags. Families will only need to provide their family name and the name of the oldest child in the district.
Donate items the week of December 8th:
Send donations to school with your child knowing that all the donations received will go to our Central families.
School: Items Being Collected:
Hayshire------------>nuts, granola, trail mix
Roundtown--------->canned fruit, dried fruit, apple sauce
Stony Brook-------->tuna, peanut butter, jelly
North Hills---------->all purpose cleaner, laundry detergent, dish soap
Sinking Springs---->whole grain pasta, sauce
Middle School------>whole grain cereal, oatmeal
High School--------->granola, nuts, trail mix
Your support is appreciated! Thank you!
Where to find information on closings, delays and early dismissals:
There are times each school year when Central York School District must close, delay or dismiss students early due to weather, facilities or emergency situations.
In the event of a closing, delay or early dismissal of students, please be aware of the following ways in which the District will communicate this news to parents and guardians of our students.
Please note: There have been times in recent history when news media outlets have inaccurately posted our closing, delay or dismissal information. When in doubt, refer to our District website for the most accurate and updated information on a school's status.
- Automated Phone System: The District will use our Global Connect automated phone system to call all parents and guardians of Central York School District students as soon as the decision is made to close, delay or dismiss early. We use the phone numbers provided to your child's school (or schools) on your emergency information sheet. If you wish to change that number or need to update it at any time, please email the District to notify us of your request. Please include all registered students who should be linked to that number, along with their school or schools.
- District Website: The District will post information about closings, delays or early dismissals on ALL pages of our District website, www.cysd.k12.pa.us, as well as in the "Announcements" section of our homepage.
- Social Media: The District will post information about closings, delays or early dismissals on our Facebook and Twitter sites.
- E-mail Notice: The District will send an e-mail to ALL subscribers of our "CYSD E-News Weekly" updates. If you are not subscribed and would like to add your email to our list, please click here.
- Automated Phone Attendant: The District records a message on our Automated Phone System whenever we have a closing, delay or early dismissal due to weather or emergency situations. To hear the status of our schools, call (717) 846-6789 and press 3 for the Weather Emergency Phone Line.
- News Media: The District contacts the following local and regional news media outlets to communicate with them about any closings, delays or early dismissals.
- TV: WGAL TV-Channel 8, CBS 21, ABC 27 and FOX 43
- Radio: WARM 103.3, 101.3 and WSBA/AM 910
- Newspaper: York Daily Record and York Dispatch
Mr. Ryan Caufman, Principal
Dr. David Czarnecki, Associate Principal
Mr. Gerald Eisner, Assistant Principal: Grade 9
Mr. Jeffery Hamme, Assistant Principal: Grade 10 & Grade 12 Last names A-L
Mr. Gregory Potteiger, Assistant Principal: Grade 11 & Grade 12 Last name M-Z
Central York High School
601 Mundis Mill Rd.
York, PA 17406