Forms & Documents

One:World Initiative - Forms and Documents for parents

Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year. We look forward to an exciting year of learning with your child and family!

As we prepare to distribute school-issued personal learning devices to our students, please take a moment to review the following important information about safety, security and care of your child’s device.

  • A copy of the 2017-2018 COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) notification and consent form (for parents/guardians of students ages 13 and under) is included with this packet. Please review the information carefully, sign and return the consent form to your child’s school office as soon as possible.
  • The Central York School District Board of School Directors has an Acceptable Use Policy (Policy 815) that governs the rights and responsibilities of ALL students with regard to use of District-issued devices and technology. This policy may be viewed online on the District website, Click on “School Board” and “Policies and Procedures” to review.
  • Insurance for your child’s school-issued device may be purchased through the District at a low-annual cost that ensures your child’s device will be covered in the event of damage, theft or loss. This insurance is optional. To learn more about our Device Protection Plans and to purchase coverage for your child’s device, please visit the following website: Please note, you will need your Skyward Family Access Center User Name and Password to log-in and make purchases.
  • Please note – parents/guardians of students in Grades K-3 will receive additional information about the use of devices in the near future, and will have opportunities to learn more at our upcoming K-3 Back-to-School Nights. Although devices will not be issued to K-3 students at this time, insurance can be purchased now using the link included above.

If you have any questions or concerns about this information, or any issue related to how our students are learning with technology, please contact me or your child’s building principal for assistance.