Kindergarten Registration

Kindergarten registration for 2017-2018 School Year

Kindergarten Registration Pre-Registration Phone-In Week is February 6-10, 2017. If you would like to make an appointment for an upcoming Registration Session at one of our schools, or register your child for Kindergarten for the Fall of 2017, please see the information, below, for details.  

Please call (717) 846-6789 with any questions and select the appropriate K-3 elementary school from among the options. If you are not sure which K-3 elementary school your child should attend, please contact (717) 846-6789, ext. 1298. 

Registration Sessions:
This session will provide you with an opportunity to visit the school, provide the necessary documents needed to enroll your child in Kindergarten for the upcoming school year, and learn more about the Kindergarten and elementary school experience in Central York School District. Your child will attend this Registration Session with you, as they will participate in the registration process. Each session lasts approximately 30 minutes.

Dates of 2017 Registration Sessions:

Hayshire Elementary School: April 21 & 24, 2017
Roundtown Elementary School: April 21 & 24, 2017
Stony Brook Elementary School: April 11 & 12, 2017


What You Will Need:
To be eligible to attend Kindergarten in August 2017, children must reside in the Central York School District and must be five (5) years of age by August 31, 2017. In addition to the age requirement, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania requires that children have proper immunizations before starting school (information on this will be provided to you during the registration process). 

Once you make an appointment to register in-person later this spring, you will receive a packet from your child's future school with a detailed letter about the upcoming Registration Appointment you have scheduled. In addition, the packet will include items you must bring with you to complete the registration process, including the following: your child's immunization record, your child's birth certificate and proof of residency. To verify your residency in Central York School District, you will need to provide two forms of documentation. These two forms could include a Pennsylvania's Driver's License, a Pennsylvania Vehicle Registration or a Pennsylvania Voter Registration Card. Parents who are in the process of moving into the district should bring a copy of a Purchase or Rental Agreement or a rental receipt that verifies intent to establish residency in the district.